Tuesday 29 January 2008

Sketch Book : colour

At College our tutor shared with us her ideas and sketchbook of "colour" and I thought it a good idea to do something similar.
I have started cutting out pieces mostly from my craft magazines and arranged them in colour suites, I've not, however, tried to get every shade and variance of colour, rather I'm flinging together what I "like" or find interesting (actually the red page isn't a terribly good example as actually there isn't much I like I find interesting on this page mostly because it was page ONE!!)
However, you get the drift?

My pinks and purples pages are nice (sorry, forgot to crop the photo!) and I am including textures, patterns and general ideas - eg embroidery so its not just about "colour"and will hopefully be a useful book to ME!


Spookily! and by sheer coincidence! the book happens to be the exact size for my large piece of crazy patch and is now, as you can see, covering it rather beautifully I think!!



Colour is an area I want to explore further as its somewhere I don't "go" very often!!

No comments: