Wednesday 23 January 2008

Packed my bags! and Cleared out!

no. wait! I mean I've cleared UP! (thats incase the family should start getting hopeful!)

I finally decided to do something about my WIP's UFO's and sort them all out and get into a proper state of management with those projects I've put down awhile.
Everything is now bagged along with its pattern and needles if I've started it or intend to start it and I plan to sit down for an hour or two and go through each bag and write out at what stage I'm at and look at the pattern with a view to picking the project up again and ENJOYING it as once I presumably did enough to want to START IT!


Above are all my bagged projects.
Below is the lovely bag that my good cyber-sew-pal Carol made for me as a gift when we very nearly thought she and her husband were coming over last year and SEW far its done an excellent job holding all my stash and projects but I decided to use THIS as my main "this is what I'm currently working on bag" as it seemed a shame to leave it as storage not a working bag!


You can see inside the bag it has zillions of handy sized pockets and spaces for needles and patterns and tape measures etc - IN the bag is the lovely V-neck tunic from Classic am/pm in Rowan Alpaca dk and my jitterbug sock.2 which is almost complete sitting inside the handy if cheap looking plastic bag gift with old copy of knitting magazine!


The rest of the bagged projects are divided between larger carry bags that are not as posh as my knitting bag but big enough to hold all the projects that are queued but not started, and those that are WIP's sew-to-speak.
I've put sock yarn all together in one bag, and odd but full balls of yarn in another; left overs that I sort of feel I can't bear to part with and ever hopeful they'll come in useful are in a last smaller bag.


Finally I put all the novelty yarns and balls of stuff that came from Linton Tweed at various sewing shows in containers on top shelf in my sewing room. Left the pic a little wide in order to point out the clock that one of my son's made for me a year or so ago ..


I feel much more organised, now all I need to do is find ROOM to house all my "bags" and then the next task with be to start uploading my books and needles and stash onto Ravelry which I started yesterday and might add to later on.

The V-neck tunic is coming along nicely, I'm about halfway through the back rib and looking forward to getting onto larger pins and st-st! I think part of the reason I got fedup with the sideways jacket and the bolero is that they are BOTH knitted all in one and BOTH in rib! there just wasn't a break or variety.
I am reassured that though my sideways knit stripe jacket appears SMALL in length, Lisa who has knitted it, assures me that a damn good pressing with an iron will stretch it to FIT and duly turned up wearing hers and looking glamourous which has inspired me to revisit the project and I'll try and pick it up and proceed while its still COLD enough to wear!

The bolero I've discovered is missing the entire BACK of this all in one rather complicated (and boring! zzz) pattern and thats been flung aside for now. Ann assures me her daughter did finish hers and that it is possible to work it out if I just stop screeching and heaving into cushions and just GET ON WITH IT .. she's offered to help me out should I find myself unable to stop the screeching and heaving ..

I MUST must MUST do more to the Kiri project, not least because it WAS afterall, my college first term project - I have put this in the lovely knitting bag with the intention of sitting down for an hour in the day while family are out at school/work ..

My no.2.sock in the Jitterbug is so close to being complete I'd be mad to not just grit my teeth and compare it to sock.1 and just get ON WITH IT

EVERYTHING ELSE is set aside and will not be looked at until I'm able to commit to a further project even though I'm tempted to start "Martha" (and the bamboo tape.. )

No comments: