Sunday 27 January 2008

Bit of an experiment!

Thought I'd have a go today at free machine stitching over enclosed bits of the wispy wool we felted chopped up leftovers of the pre-felt - sandwiched between two layers of soluble stabiliserI added novelty threads from the balls of yarn that came from the Linton Tweed stall at a sewing show several years ago and which at the time seemed like a good thing to exchange a tenner for a large bag of!!

The light's not terribly good, you can just see that I've managed to stitch randomly over the whole hooped area using a varigated embroidery thread on top and emb. bobbin under.


The colour is rather deeper in this shot however this is the sample piece after a good dunking in hot water and a squeeze dry on a towel! Its quite stable, perhaps a few wispy bits working a little loose in place but overall intact!

Inspired by this, I decided to have another go. Rather less successfully on this sample the yarn kept getting dragged under the plate - I had hoped it was just in parts, but after a few mins I gave up and will rehoop it chopped up like the first one!


2 comments:

Jules said...

I'm very impressed as this is way over my head.;)

SewIknit2 said...

cor! I'm impressed YOU'RE impressed! ;-)
Sue