Sunday 13 January 2008

Embroidery Stitches - a sampler

Last night I decided to start working on a few of the embroidery stitches from one of several library books I loaned recently and which will be due back shortly!! Annoyingly I discovered that some miserable person has torn out a few pages from one of the books too! I shall have to mention it to the librarian when I hand them in!
This happens a lot at work, too. Folk just rip out or tear off what they want (and don't, presumably want to PAY for) and they cut into fabric and trims too!
Anyway.
Back to stitching: looks a bit of a muddle and a jumble, but you can see I've started with a few "outline" stitches and am planning to work my way down doing a line of as many as I can fit! Some of these stitches I half know how to work, but its not easy reading instructions and trying to work out which WAY to hold your hands! I'm not a natural with hand-stitching, I'm far more comfortable with a machine but I did enjoy the few that I worked on last night! not the LEAST because I hit upon the brilliant idea to drag IN one of the new lovely leather chairs we bought the lads at Christmas to my sewing room and MUCH more luxurious and comfy than my rather tatty, slightly broken and thus wonky "typists" chair!
It goes without saying, this did NOT go down well with the lads!

Here is the beginnings of my sampler where I've started with some "outline" stitches:-

No comments: