Sunday 13 January 2008

My Fabric Scraps (stash)

My fabric stash is generally very well sorted and housed in (large!) storage areas according to "type". When I decided to try my hand at quilting I had to completely reorganise due to some strange compulsion that followed on with an addiction to buying fat quarters and such like - I ran out of room, officially, about midway through last year and had to put all my "scraps" (generally pieces of fabric left from projects which I would previously have thrown away but which now come in handy for things like small quilt-y type projects, mostly they are cottons but not exclusively) into plastic bags!
I manage with a bit of heaving and use of knee to hold it down while I slide the catch "shut" TO get it all in my hamper basket but its a bit like a jack-in-the-box! in that you have to stand back when releasing the catch as it all inevitably explodes in the air with a "ta-daa! catch MEEEE".




Above are two shots of the bags that generally lie the bottom of the basket!

I'd love to hear how others manage their fabric stash! in particular those small useful pieces that one feels one simply OUGHT to keep for "just in case" moments of creativity ..

No comments: