Tuesday 29 January 2008

Knitted Fellting

Of course I realise I'm typing my posts back to front again! Never mind, if you really want to read it in order, skip down to the first of today's posts and read backwards!

Yesterday I thought I'd have a go at felting a piece of knitting. I've never done this before (well not with intention! I have in the past "felted" hubby's woolly sweaters but that was accidental!!) and I found in my stash a ball of Rowan "Country" which I duly knitted up in st st - see pic below - before measuring it and flinging it in a 60deg wash this morning.


Well its worked! its certainly shrunk and its changed from being a soft knitted pliable piece to a rather thick and solid piece. Interesting to see how it came out! I've no idea if this IS felted or whether its just "shrunk". I might seek 2nd opinion before I start flinging beads and stitching at it but definitely this is the easy-peasy-lemon-squeezy way of getting a piece of felted material to work from.

No comments: