Monday 14 January 2008

Creative Textiles Course : week 11

Today we progressed our pre-felting of last week into a finished piece of felting ready for beading, stitching or otherwise embellishing by using a piece of inspiration and making up a piece of felt background into which we incorporated other cut shapes of pre-felt.

Quite interesting to see the different effects and ideas from each of the super ladies on this course! We are getting to know one another well now and I'm certain we must be one of the noisiest classes in the Centre! No pictures this week as tutor, Sarah Hazell, has kindly taken mine home for a good rolling and mashing with her rather scary looking felting-rolling-pin! It IS rather exhausting work and a health issue precludes me from wearing myself out at this stage! phew!

I've started looking at things! in a creative way! which is rather worrying! as it makes ones head spin and buzz, and its spins and buzzes enough on its own without any extra help!

2 comments:

Val said...

I do like the bag. Perhaps I'll knit this (if I can pick up the mag) instead of socks. In fact I think I've gone off socks! Mittens (which are also in this issue) might be better!

SewIknit2 said...

ha! I've just joined a fingerless mittens group on Ravelry! and queued a pattern too in DB cashmerino! they SAY mitts are the new socks!