Sunday 27 January 2008

Knitting update and more bargains!

The Vneck tunic from Classic am/pm is knitting up nicely, I find I have to be careful though with some stitches splitting - my bamboo needles are a bit flakey on the ends and I'm loathe to file them too much as I'm certain of affecting their overall size! I'm onto the st.st portion now on 4mm's which means I ought to be able to sit and knit and have a half decent conversation with the family or concentrate on the plot if watching a film on tv without having to shriek at everyone to STOP! .. BE QUIET! .. while I retrace my steps and reknit a "pattern" sequence!


We've started going to a nearby shopping high street on a Saturday to get our meat from local butchers and while dh popped into the building society I found myself in one of the many charity shops and came OUT with :

1 small bag of assorted threads for 0.20p

AND .. one Debbie Bliss "Alpaca Silk" knitting book for £2!

I nearly didn't see it but there it was! on the shelf! The assistant clearly hadn't seen it either! I handed it over and see exclaimed a bit about how she HADN'T seen it and muttered about no price (which was inside the front cover as I pointed out to her) and I thrust my £2 at her when she said "can I have a LOOK please?" "of course!" I said "AFTER you take my MONEY!" ;-)

Of course dh was resigned to this, the whole family are used by now to my sudden diving off the pavement hurtling into a shop and coming out with crafty stuff, in fact my sons now try to scan ahead in order to divert my attention but I'm too quick for them!!

I've finished (bar the actual finishing) my sample piece of crazy patchwork for the creative textiles course and it looks rather lovely!

My brother's partner, Pete, has VERY kindly offered me his i-pod no.1. having upgraded and having no further use of it and bought me a new battery for it and I'm now ready to go and explore downloading and listening to knitting podcasts (and music!) while I'm sat at home!

I tried to persuade my youngest son who has a rather posh i-pod to let me borrow it to try it out before actually buying one, however he refused saying he didn't want any "knitting" talking OR my music on HIS ipod - thanks VERY much .. and I was advised to get my own! He has, however, promised to give me a lesson on how to use it and I'm hoping he'll get over his reluctance to scan the web for crafty stuff otherwise I could find myself turning somewhat "emo" with it all ..

Our eldest son, who will be 15yrs shortly, went into the local town with three friends to see a film. I had wondered whether they'd get in as it was certified as "15" and when they returned, it appears they were challenged and had to settle to see Alvin and the Chipmunks instead .. (he said later he'd quite enjoyed it! which makes me pleased he didn't get into see the horror film he'd wanted to watch!!).

Well I've packed a lot into this update post, mostly because my other brother called round on Friday and did something (actually he says he didn't! but he must have, he's just not admitting to it!!)to our pcand we now cannot access all websites, emails and of course I can't get in to my blog! I've been given 15mins on the lads' computer and as they are timing me I have to be grateful I can touch type with some speed!! As my brother is off travelling for 2months next week, we could be in for a lot of pushing and shoving and undignified behaviour - particularly at the weekends - as we all fight to access the last remaining fully operational pc!!

No comments: