Monday 21 January 2008

Creative Textiles Course : week 11

Today was a mix of show'n'tell on our achievements and projects undertaken in felting and a discussion on organising and planning sketch books before we had an opportunity to look at and feel some different fibres for adding to such projects as might be felted.

Interesting to see how many lovely projects and how different they each were from other ladies in the group, I rather fear mine is the least creative! and I think I might have to settle for it being a sketchbook sample!! Seeing the embroidered and beaded work where a mix was combined to create an overall effect made me feel more enthusiastic to explore these and I continue to work on my sampler trying out different stitches and one reason I went mad and bought SEW many beads today was because I do think this will add something to my own work (and I still want to do a proper knitted beading project!)

I think we're close to needing to choose a final project for the year and I'm mindful that I've not finished my mini project - Kiri yet!

No comments: