Friday 25 January 2008

More Notions and Yarn!

Today I had to visit the Town to get some creme for my son's dry skin patches on his elbows which I can only (apparently) get from this particular chemists and as one of my brother's works IN the town I arranged to meet with him for a coffee in local Borders (dangerous as I nearly came out with three books - at LEAST!)

INSTEAD, however, I came away with this lot:-
A paper trimmer
Three packs of floral embellishy bits that I might find useful reduced from 0.75p to 0.30p each.


AND ..
WHAT?
you want me to spell it out?
okay ..
I confess I also came away with a bag of YUMMY Rowan Classic Alpaca Soft in delicious soft shade of 261 .. sigh .. TEN balls of yarn knocked down from £52.50 to just £20.00 - I had to have it?

Tonight my second (youngest) brother, David, is coming round with some pc/gaming bits and pieces and to tell us all about the "round the world" trip he's apparently now booked to go off on with his best pal and HIS gf which is sudden owing to the fact that David has rather suddenly split with HIS gf - Beckie - and I've assured him he'll get a damn good grilling about WHY this has happened too ..
Beckie moved out on Saturday last week and I was able to catch her on the phone just as she prepared to drive off for her new life and wish her well for her future and express how sad we are that she's going.

No comments: