Sunday 12 June 2011

Ben knits in the window!

Local KIP event at JL, Solihull

choosing patterns & supplies

me knitting!

me, again, knitting - again!

Knit-Pal-Sally & her gorgeous yarn!

happy knitterly chatting
Yesterday was WWKIP day and my best-knit-pal-Sally and I went off to local JL store where the lovely Ben was hosting a Rowan sponsored event to promote the day - he started proceedings by knitting in the window "live knitting" for passers by to enjoy (laughing at!) no doubt some did, but a lot came in and chatted with us which was nice!
We sat on the shop floor and enjoyed refreshments and chatted about knitting showing off our projects and wearing our handknits!  A 10% discount against Rowan purchases on the day for those that participated and it was nice to catch up with knitters from the regular group that meet twice monthly in the cafe and I have promised to attend next month!
I wore my Martha knit in felted tweed & Rowan pin and knit a simple scarf in KSH details in post below.
Ben told us that Rowan are planning new Membership options this year and plans for a mystery shawl KAL in 4ply later this year which Sally and I have both indicated our interest in!
I hope if you took part in an event yesterday you had as much fun as we did!
Happy knitting xx

No comments: