Tuesday 29 April 2008

More patchwork! stash busting!

Well I'm on a roll here! Determined to use all this lovely fabric (and yarn!) that I have stashed away I found a sheet of instructions that came from a meeting at the local quilt club about 18months ago and remembered one of the ladies calling to store some time after to say how much she'd enjoyed this project!

I'm using the rest of the blue FQ's that were the set sent to me three of which I used on the previous bag:


Easy-Peasy-Lemon-Squeezy! TAKE four fabrics and cut into 2" strips and sew together into sets, one of which you can see above.
Cut 4.5" squares with its points on the centre seam and DON'T discard the triangle offcuts! they can be used to form more squares!
which is just as well, as you can see from below I didn't actually get that many squares from my 4 FQ's! I cut as best I could and have some upright squares top and bottom and hope to get some more done soon before I sew them all together properly!

It won't be very big, but it is rather nice and a lot more useful than sitting in my box of quilting fabrics! No idea what I shall do with it at this stage (I suspect Bertie will end up with a claim on it, mind).

No comments: