Friday 2 May 2008

Crafty bits and pieces

After getting some great ideas for the bondaweb idea from the course this week I decided to buy a set of acrylics, below, a box for £5.99 - might have a go at it today - quilt permitting, of course! Matt thinks he'd like to slosh a bit of paint about too this weekend, and being a bank holiday its bound to be a dreary wet weekend sew why not!

At work yesterday our department took part in a month long charity raising endeavour and I supported it by buying the following:


A lovely beaded bookmark! my colleague had actually made me one a couple of years ago for Christmas but Bertie had finally got his claws and teeth into it and broke it! For £2 it was a super buy, the beads are lovely far nicer than the photo suggests!

Another colleague dries his own lavender and brought in a large tub which another colleague used to make this super lavender bags:

I paid £1 for this one but she'd made little "sacks" tied atop with ribbon which were sprinkled in clusters with beads that were very pretty and suitable for popping in a drawer!

The same colleague is also an avid card maker! I paid £1.50 each for these (I bought another which I wrote out and left at work for another colleagues birthday tomorrow which was a nice "pink" card). Its quite hard to find decent cards for men and these are just super!!

Another of my colleagues had made some SUPER Japanese themed cards and she has kindly made me a lovely card for the occasion of another colleagues forthcoming 60th birthday - I shall take a photo of that as its really NICE!!

Finally a shot of the blue quilt:


You can see I've added now all the possible variations of squares from my 4 x FQ's to this panel it took ages to sew! (all of a couple of hours!! lol!! amazingly QUICK and super easy-peasy-lemon-squeezy!!)

Our cats are super MAD today!
They are racing about like MAD things, like KITTENS!
Mostly because a customer happened to mention she'd discovered that HER cat loved valerian and promised to bring me a couple of calico filled squares of it. Three times she's been in with them and didn't want to leave with any of my colleagues due to the rather unfortunate "smell" which really IS rather disgustingly like manky old socks!! She flung them at me yesterday! and I managed to keep a seat home on the bus all to myself!! ha-ha!!

I didn't really think the cats would go for anything as whiffy! but I was wrong! I tentatively flung one in Bertie's direction and he promptly went mad rubbing his face and licking at it before doing a "silly" and having a cat-mad-moment! I felt sure that Lilly would be far more ladylike and refuse HERS, but she promptly set about Bertie and started FIGHTING! I managed to make her realise there were TWO of the smelly things and we spent most of yesterday wrinkling our noses and twisting our faces!!

Andrew is eagerly waiting his birthday copy of GTA IV for the PS3 which his uncle has ordered for him and is due for delivery very soon (we hope!) and in time for the bank holiday weekend.

Very finally, and sadly, our half-brother shared the news that his Dad (the step father I grew up with) who has been ill for a while now has been told he has stomach cancer. We don't know too much at this stage, only that they won't be operating.

No comments: