Tuesday 29 April 2008

Patchwork Bag

Here is my latest project, now complete: a patchwork bag taken from this book and was featured in Popular Patchwork, June 2003 issue.




I used fabric from stash and it was a good opportunity to use some of the lovely FQ's that a cyber-sew-pal had kindly sent to me as part of a "swap" a good couple of years ago and they've been sat in my quilt fabric box all this time waiting for the right project! I teamed it with the navy/white stars fabric also sent to me from a pal.

The pattern was a bit fiddly to understand and I had to unpick two or three sections and at one point consult a sewing colleague to help work out one part (but I think I was being a bit dense at the time!). Not sure if I really like it but it does look better now I've stuffed with a towel and its not so "flat".

I'd hoped I'd really like it as I have some YUMMY fabric which I thought would be nice made up into some sort of "patchworky" bag:


(I just have to hope my FRIEND - she knows who she is! - isn't looking too hard as I might find myself having to find a replacement for the purple butterfly FQ - isn't it just YUMMY!?)

These were bought from the quilt club fabric sale about 18months ago and I decided its no good having all these super fabrics just sat all folded and neatly stacked and not DO anything!
As I am now resolved to add a little "colour" into my wardrobe, accessories would be a nice way to get used to the brightness - don't you think?

I may continue looking for further patchwork/bag ideas while I make my mind up on the current blue bag!

4 comments:

Butterfly said...

GIRLFRIEND....that is the ugliest butterfly fabric I've ever seen....SEND TO ME IMMEDIATELY!
LUV the stars bag!

SewIknit2 said...

TRUST ME! this fabric is HIDEOUS! you'd HATE it .. ;-) (gulp) (looks for hiding place).
Sue

Jules said...

I'm SO in love with this bag!!!:)

SewIknit2 said...

Thanks Jules! its beginning to grow on me too.
Sue