Friday 28 September 2007

My knitted Samples




Here are the samples I've knitted from the photocopied sheets we were given at College to try out a few patterns that are typically found on traditional Ganseys. (actually, I don't think these are, as such! but they are quite attractive and are in the spirit of it at least!).

This Monday, coming, we're to explore FairIsle and that should be fun! (not sure how much fun for the non-knitters in the group!).

This is the sock I'm knitting from More Sensational Socks, I had to start again after I realised I had gone wrong with the pattern, and discovered I'd actually gone COMPLETELY wrong from the very start with the ribbing, missing out the 2nd purl! duh!

My newest attempt is much better and looks like the illustrated example now!! I'm about ready to commence the main pattern which is simple 4 round repeat.

4 comments:

Jules said...

Looking good!:)

SewIknit2 said...

thanks! if you mean the socks, I stayed up knitting until late last night and I'm quite pleased with the resulting pattern! I found it easier to write the 4 row pattern out and keep my eye on it, even though two of them are the same (p1 k4 p1) it keeps me on track, my memory these days IS that bad! sad as it is!!

Fuzzy White Dogs said...

The colors you're using for these socks are just gorgeous! It's amazing how good you're getting at socks!

SewIknit2 said...

Thanks for the kind comment about my progress on sock knitting! I'm absolutely LOVING it and can't wait to show off how effective the patterning IS on this latest sock!