Thursday 13 September 2007

*New Look 6729*


Current edition of Threads magazine (Nov 2007/133) has a terrific article "A figure-flattering Tee" which features a shape similar to that of New Look pattern 6729! These patterns are currently on special offer! and with further discount, makes it good value at £2.50 to try out this style and see if indeed it really IS the "style that flatters most women."!

The lime green jersey you see behind? is left over stashed fabric from the boys were little and is plenty for me to trial the fit before I splash out on some of the yummy scrummy modern jerseys on sale in store today!

I've made tees and other knit/jersey tops in the past and although in general it is now cheaper to buy these RTW, I have in mind two fabrics that I feel I must, simply MUST buy!

Threads this issue is particularly good, in my opinion, with super articles on wise shopping and project planning and coincides, spookily, with my own intentions for a more planned approach to my sewing (and knitting).

Elsewhere: the 2nd picot edged sock is turned at the heel flap! the sideways wrap is approaching first armhole and next significant shaping! the Patons cardi is still sat patiently waiting for the front band which I promise PROMISE to attend to soon if only to FINISH it! the orange skirt is waiting to be lined and my jacket pattern is sorted ready to cut out to complete the suit.

Today I telephoned the college to confirm my place! yayy! on Monday morning, I shall be doing all sorts of clever and arty things with fabric and yarn and I can't wait!! The course is not yet filled but has sufficient numbers to run and I hope that I will enjoy *playing* with textiles!

Later today I am meeting a knit-pal/ex colleague for a boozy lunch to catch up with gossip and tomorrow I am working but have the whole weekend OFF!! Plans are to spend Saturday tidying and generally domestically - in particular the boys are going to learn HOW to wash up! we've decided its time we got them doing household chores regularly as part of routine for their benefit as much as ours and I fear its not going to be too popular!

SUNDAY! yayy! Four pals and I are travelling together to visit the Knit and Stitch show and we hope to meet with one or two others at the NEC - looking forward to this as a day out and I'm not making ANY promises as to what I might attempt to resist buying but lets put it THIS way, my hand is never far from clutching notes and coins to be flung at the nearest traders' till in exchange for yummy scrummies!!

3 comments:

Jules said...

I love that shirt pattern! I have to try to find one here in the states. Thanks!

SewIknit2 said...

I'll let you know how I get on with it. Its not SEW easy to get hold of quality jersey and knit fabrics at a good price regularly.

Val said...

That's a great pattern. I must buy one. I can see that it would be most useful. Thanks!