Friday 28 September 2007

Skirts!





This is a great book and one I refer to often when making skirts, I've used an old favourite pattern for my newest skirt but adapted it to a kick pleat, centre back as per instructions in book (reinforcing the pivot bit with 2xsquares of interfacing at top of pleat).

I decided to try another method of inserting a concealed zip; normally I follow Gill Arnold's method of sew the back seam FIRST, but after a *lesson* from a colleague who is trained a different way I decided to have a go at her method (also used and demonstrated by Alison Smith) which is insert zip THEN sew back seam.

Honest opinion? not much between the two methods! However as it is a tricky fabric to handle with the distinct pattern I have to say I was impressed I got it to align without aid of sewing it first, on balance I'd say this is the *easier* method and one which I'll try again!

The skirt requires lining and a waistband to complete, photo to follow when its done!

No comments: