Friday 7 September 2007

"Not Tonight Darling, I'm Knitting"


SHOULD read "Not tonight darling, I'm READING!" ..

I have a huge selection of sewing, quilting and embroidery books bought over the years but very few knitting books and certainly no modern knitting books! By chance I discovered that many of these lovely modern knitting books (and some well worth a look vintage books!) are actually available to be loaned from my local library!

Yesterday I collected the last of the batch ordered for reservation and collection at my local library and what a super collection they are!

I took the "Not Tonight Darling, I'm Knitting" by Betsy Hosegood with me to knit'n'chat night as its a small book and fitted into my workbag easily to share with my friends as its SUCH a good read! (a marvellous read for "free" - obviously - but this would be a book I'd actually buy had I not read it for free!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I just read your post at Knit & Chat, concerning your new blog.

Well....Hello! (Laura smiles & waves)

Have your read Maggie Righetti's book, "Knitting In Plain English"?

Her instructions are good , but I love the way that she talks about knitting!