Friday 21 September 2007

A Knit&Whine Evening! with friends


The whining was more about our lack of money! Too close this evening to the recent Knitting and Stitch show!!

Local ebay sellers, Kay and Carolyn, hosted an evening of cake and wine for knitters to enjoy a selection of yarns, patterns, accessories and notions yesterday!

I took my good friend, Ann, and we met with Sally and Lisa from 8pm each with our bags of knitting - as instructed! *bring your knitting! come and relax with a glass of wine*!

The weirdest thing; we got in and our former Rowan Consultant, Helen, was there! and so, too, were lots of people who looked familiar. but I couldn't place them. immediately!
One lady came over and engaged me in conversation and I tried to work out WHO she was, WHERE I knew her from before eventually I remembered! no.2.son's former teacher from yr.1!! I had to apologise and ask her for her name as I'd forgotten it! and I heard her mention "... Matthew's Mum! .." before whispering to another lady .. and then I remembered! THIS was the teacher that my son famously kicked on the shins! (blush!). There were lots of nods around. and THEN I realised why everyone looked spookily familiar! half the SCHOOL were there! One half of the knitting hosts is a teacher and colleague of our childrens' former junior school!!

Anyway. fortunately, aside from the unfortunate incident OF the kicked shins, my son was generally liked by this teacher and indeed she worked tremendously hard with him to get his outbursts sorted and under control and it was very nice to see her again!

Right. WHAT did I buy!?

  • 5 small heart shaped shell buttons .30p each
  • 4 large round shell buttons .50p each
  • Skein of YUMMY SCRUMMY Araucania yarn for socks! is described as a hand painted from natural yarns inspired by ancient Chilean crafts and the colours are FAB! £6.65
There was a discount of 5% for purchases and orders taken this night, and a promise that this will be a regular event!
Some lovely knitted samples in Sublime were hung up for display purposes and we all resisted the super yarns all laid out in baskets - due, sadly, to the fact that we were all spent out from the show!

It was good to browse the books and feel the yarn and the 2hrs passed very quickly! We chatted to a couple of ladies one of whom was knitting "continentally" and I tried to describe the "backwards" knitting and we talked about different ways of holding yarn!

1 comment:

Fuzzy White Dogs said...

What an enjoyable evening! Wish I could find something like that around here!