Monday 3 September 2007

Last "day out" of the Summer




The last of the days out before we return to "normal" ie school! We nearly went to the local gardeners show. We nearly went to Henley in Arden. We ended up in Stratford upon Avon!
Our plan was to park up, walk the high street, have an icecream, stop for a drink, drive home .. we couldn't get parked! 4 times we drove up and then down the high street. In the end we had to duck, we felt sure people were "waving" at us and I'm certain one called out "goodbye!" .. We almost visited a craft centre/farm shop, only we failed to turn up the drive!
Our day IN Stratford was quite fun! in the end! luckily we managed to park right in the park! and discovered that it was largely full due to a "raft race" ongoing that afternoon which meant that the park was generally very well visited and had a brass band playing in the nearby bandstand of which we had a good view from the centrally located bar area!! We caught 3/4's of the very good street entertainer, too!
The weather was fair, fine but dull, and we enjoyed a good walk around the town centre too (I was trying, sneakily, to find Fred Winter dept store but wasn't able to get my bearings without sounding suspiciously like I'd set the family up - again! - into combining fabric/yarn shops WITH a day out! Matt kept noting my eyes scanning around and muttered pointedly about "NOT looking for KNITTING shops??" to which I had to reply "no! .. " with my fingers firmly crossed at back.

Well, we're lazy at home today! its the last day before school and lots to do to get prepared for tomorrow and start of term.

I need to focus on finishing my blue cardigan and decide whether to buy a pair of circular needles for the neckline OR do it in two tedious halves on straight pins .. my newest sock is looking yummy and scrummy OTN's and I've turned the heel surprisingly quickly due to it being more of a "trainer sock" and think this MIGHT mean I might squeeze two pairs out of a ball which will be marvellously good value! (albeit might mean I also have to scrunch my TOES a bit!).

On the home front, the HOME is looking decidedly shabby! and rather dusty! I shall have to hope for no unexpected visitors; if I'm not working this weekend, I might get everyone stuck in for a spot of housework! Soon I will know what my new work rota will be for the coming months and I'm hopeful for alternate weekends which will be marvellous! (we tried for one weekend in 4 however the "boss" got wind of our plan and said a rather firm "no!" never mind, eh?).

Things to look forward to include our knitting circle which meets first Wed of the month and we're hoping for a good turn out this month, also visiting the Knit and Stitch Show now confirmed for the Sunday with 4 friends definitely going, and another 3 "might".

No comments: