Friday 21 September 2007

Crochet? should I? learn I mean.

There are *SOME* that might be shuddering now.
Years ago, I attempted to learn via an overseas cyber pal who when visiting once, had a bag of crochet with her and I casually mentioned I'd never tried this ..
5mins later both my no.2.son and I were wrestling with hooks and yarn and 25mins later Pauline was wrestling hooks and yarn OFF US BOTH and it was politely suggested that we don't bother to pursue this activity ever again!
Now Pauline remembers differently. But I remember a frosted studied silence of huffiness broken only by dh suggesting that he change the channel from sky sports to perhaps a comedy channel? and I'm pretty sure we all had a large Gin and were talking again soon after.
I've not been tempted, since, to even consider crocheting! Not even when my friend and colleague, Heather, picked up a hook during a quiet moment at work and apparently managed to not only learn how to DO IT but also to make a complete scarf which then went on DISPLAY!

But on Monday, at my Creative Textiles course! our tutor, Sarah Hazell, flung casually across the table the new BOOK she has had published (to a round of applause and promised to purchase said book in exchange for personal messages signed within!) on CROCHET! and further! she'd brought in with her the collection of goodies made for the purposes of the book! and very yummy scrummy they looked too! far BETTER than the photographed images! and she has offered to teach any of us that cannot crochet that might be interested in learning, TO crochet! we all said YES PLEASE! (yes. even me!).

I'll let you know. How I get on. Or I might not. it depends. on HOW I get on. and whether I'm banned from holding hook and yarn - again!!

No comments: