Friday 5 October 2007

Fairisle Sample and next sock!





My knitted Fairisle sample for the Creative Textiles course was fun, I knitted a border to show off the two colour patterning to effect and swiped the top section from one of the samples suggested in my newest book, "More Sensational Knitted Socks"!

From where, also, came the Broad Spiral Rib pattern on my latest sock! Knitted using the Lana Grossa sock yarn bought from my local ebay seller and finished late last night!
hmmm. DOES my foot look fat in this .. ?

I'll wait until knitted sock no.2 before deciding!
The pattern was a repeat of 4 rounds and once I'd got into the swing of it I was able to knit it without referring to the pattern and I'm pleased I did unpick it when I went wrong at the very start as I feel certain it would have become very obvious by the end and I'd have not been happy!

Waiting to find out what size shoe my SIL-on-loan takes before sorting out a pattern for a pair of birthday socks for her. After THAT I think I'll be ready to take on my yummiest of all luxury yarns and those will all be for ME!

1 comment:

SewIknit2 said...

silly me! the Fairisle sample is actually photographed upside down! never mind, if I don't SAY anything, nobody need KNOW!?