Sunday 9 September 2007

Picot Edged Trainer Sock Complete



Finished my sock yesterday. Not sure I like it! I'll continue with its matching other but I didn't think straight off "great! I love it!" my ankles are a bit fat I think! My son laughed a bit too. but that might be because I'd tried it on over my tights and then put my slipper on over it and I admit I looked a bit of a nerd!

Knitted a few more inches of the wrap cardigan last night, its now becoming quite heavy! as it knits sideways all in one I'm wondering how I'll manage by the time I get to the final front!

Tomorrow I have a day off (yay!) and I will MAKE myself knit the band and aim to sew up and complete my Patons blue cardi. I have two complete balls of this yarn left, and the bag that accompanies the cardigan uses - I think! - about two-ish .. might see if can squeeze a bag out of it. ELSE it means it sits there looking not particularly useful, nor pretty! in my yarn stash bag. which is pretty well stuffed now as it IS with the yummy scrummy DB pure silk ..

4 comments:

shirleyknits said...

Your sock looks fine! I'd wear it.
Ann :D

Val said...

Now that is just the pattern I need to have another go at making up the wool I bought into socklets! They look good! Wear them. At least they don't look like the deformed efforts I produced at the beginning of the year that could only be worn by someone with a cloven hoof!

Jules said...

They are great! I have just cast on my first pair of socks & mine are anklets too. Here's the link:

http://colorjoy.com/patterns/florida.htm

SewIknit2 said...

Thanks, Ladies, for the kind comments!

Val you MUST give sock knitting another go, truly its a lovely project SEW portable and such FUN too!! (and great for gifts I'd imagine!) ps my brother is away at a bike festival re the software query.

Thanks Jules for the link!