Monday 10 September 2007

A tidy and sort out

Today I am tidying and sorting my sewing room! (again).
Partly I am doing this to clear the accumulated junk that appeared over the summer that didn't get put away, sorted or thrown out because I didn't use my sewing room much over the summer on account of it WAS, afterall "the summer" and as such are exempt from tidying, sorting .. and sewing.
But now its officially autumn! not least because the children have returned to school and I am returning to *normal routine* AND because *classes* start here in the September!
I like the new term. The fresh start. Return to routine. In fact I prefer it to January in terms of new years' resolutions and promises to self to turn over new leaf and become marvellously organised and productively inspired to create fabulous projects!

To the side, you'll see that I've listed all my outstanding projects that require completion BEFORE I start getting sidetracked with NEW projects! 3 or 4 UFO's have today been consigned to the dustbin as not worthy of completion. I can do this. I know not everyone can, but I can. If a project isn't working and I return to it and decide its DEFINITELY not working, it goes! no hanging on to it just in case I lose a stone or change my mind! no hanging on to it just in case I decide I know just what TO do with it when its done afterall! no hanging on to it because it cost me money initially and therefore I MUST finish it even IF I don't then use/wear it. it all goes - in the bin! gone for good gone!

The only project I am truly undecided about is my ongoing star quilt project.
I am hesitant to bin this because it might work. it did cost me a bit of money. I may well like it and use it when it is finished. Some of the fabrics have associations through friendships made. it is my FIRST official quilt project.

However. I don't like it. I'm not enjoying it. I've got stuck about how best to complete it. I wish I'd done a different method of construction. I would have preferred a different block/s. I'm not keen on the light background. My class has now finished. oh. and my pal and the class whom I still see at quilt club finished HERS using a different method of construction and mixing some hand quilting techniques and it looks YUMMY SCRUMMY by comparison, and even SHE admitted that in fact SHE didn't much care for it and was glad to see the back of it!

With a nice freshly tidied and organised sewing room, I feel ready to spend time now in there and having worked one of my days already for the week, I have plenty of time to crack on.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sew, Sue (LOL), nice blog! Good for you.

~ Di (from K&C)

SewIknit2 said...

Thank you Di, I'm enjoying blogging very much!