Friday 7 September 2007

Progressing nicely OTN's ..



Progressing nicely OTN's is my sideways wrap cardigan which is knitting up beautifully and already the colours are forming into their pattern attractively! My button hole is a bit fudged as I temporarily "forgot" what I was doing but the yarn is very forgiving, its just unfortunate it landed in the middle of the lighter shades and thus is slightly more noticeable - to the discerning of knitters I mean! - as not quite perfect!

Also progressing just as nicely is the latest sock! this time I'm doing the picot edged trainer styled sock which is featured in Knit Today June 2007 no: 10 and is described as "exclusive" sited on their front page (which is actually why I bought the magazine!)

Last night I read the latest issue of Knitting October 2007 issue 42 and visited their "fab new website" (their words!), bought the magazine mostly for the free gift guide from Nicky Epstein an excert from "Knitting beyond the edge". I'm interested at the moment in exploring through pattern ways to create a bit of relief AT the edges particularly after drooling over a lovely book my friend, Ann, bought a while back the title of which I've forgotten!

As well as adding patterning - colour! don't forget my mission is to add colour! - to my knitting, I'd like also to explore different types, eg cabling and yesterday I bought a pair of circular knitting needles to finish my Patons blue cardigan as this will be a new method to me! (it helped the fact that House of Fraser currently have a 25% promotion which includes their haberdashery section!).

Two of my friends are knitting fairisle and cable projects and we had a good discussion about both, in particular Sally's insertion of her own interpretation which we decided was a combination of a mis matched colour and pattern as well as too uniform beading placement, she duly frogged and reported back with a revision which got the thumbs up all round! I've sorted out about 300 lovely pearls for Heather to add to her cable tank top project she is knitting from one of the latest Rowan books for her Mother and it has given me an idea of my own!

No comments: