Friday 7 September 2007

MOHAIR! should I?

I won't! if Rowan's latest offering "A Kidsilk Dream" is anything to go by! the models look like they might be dead!
However I've browsed the book for the Kidsilk Aura collection and there are one or two that I might be tempted with.
Mohair (and batwing sweaters generally) finally finished me off and PUT me off hand knitting in the 1980's and like it or not, it IS popular today and like a drip-drip its beginning to call to mee!
One of my pals is particularly good at incorporating a bit of what she likes into a project and twice now has managed to add some rather yummy scrummy Rowan kidsilk haze and I like how she's done this!

4 comments:

Fuzzy White Dogs said...

OMGosh, you are so right -- the "Kidsilk Dream" girls look SO dead! I suppose though that if you refrain from lying about wearing white makeup you may be able to wear one of those styles while still looking quite alive. :-)

In the "Kidsilk Aura" collectoin which is your favorite? I like "Odette" very much! The wrap style would be flattering to those of us who don't have a flat tummy, and the color is gorgeous!

SewIknit2 said...

yes, Odette was my fave too! others I liked the look of were Tianna and Donella.
There are two that I realistically have my eye on from another book, might be 42, I'd have to get back to to confirm, but one I've seen made up and am very taken!
whats currently on your needles?

Fuzzy White Dogs said...

My needles are empty at the moment. Reading about your projects is getting me in the mood to dig them out & get started on a new project! I bought several balls of a novelty yarn in the spring... not sure what I'll do with it though (the price was just so good I couldn't pass it up LOL)

SewIknit2 said...

my needles were empty for more than 15yrs! it was a newly formed knit and chat group set up by a colleague/friend that going me going and now I just can't help myself! I see yarn and patterns everywhere!
I've a bag pattern that combines a quilt design around a central knitted panel in novelty yarn, that would be an alternative to the "usual scarf" in this yarn, let me know what you decide!