Monday 9 July 2007

Yay! I added Val!

After years posting on various forums and groups, you'd think I'd be better at it!
At last I've managed, I hope, to add the link to Val's rather wonderful and very colourful blog!
I should, perhaps, curtsey? or perhaps offer to do the dusting?
maybe I'll uncork the wine .. instead ..

About the only dyeing I've ever done has been to fling some rather threadbare faded towels into the washing machine with a pack of dylon in rich shade of raspberry after 2 hours I managed to effect a shade I'd expect from a raspberry home grown in our household, but sadly it didn't improve the thread count .. never mind eh ..
All you might want to know or to experience is all on Val's website and blog!

Now to work out how to link some knitting blogs I enjoy.
I wonder. Am I supposed to "ask"? first? I mean. before shouting to the world I READ THIS! LOOK! and give directions to everyone to someone's blog?
If I break any blog rules, remember I'm new and as such exempt!
(and TELL me! please?).

On theme of furthering ones education and enjoying hobbies shared with others, with all local classes now closed due to lack of commitment on behalf of "the authorities" I now find myself joining in with "knitting circles" and "quilt clubs".
We're on our 3rd attempt to set up a successful local knit'n'chat now back into our local area after the city centre failed to take off it looks like just one or two rather sad but committed of us are resolved to being a pair of lonely knitters!!
It doesn't help that friends and family shriek and stuff their fingers in their mouths when you MENTION "knitting circles" before backing away ..

Happily the quilt club which meets monthly is very well attended and I've finished my "homework" task which was to trial a technique of sashing a mini quilt as I go as warm up to tackling my larger ongoing quilt project.

Summer holiday looms! and I must get organised and work out my priorities! on the cutting table currently are a bag lesson I'm committed to, a jacket I'm working on improving the fit of, a couple of trouser patterns I'm working up the confidence to tackle and plenty MORE sit in a box near the cutting table!

Busy .. busy .. busy ..

1 comment:

Val said...

I must have missed this post! :-) I'm not even thinking summer. We've had nothing but rain down here and last night a gigantic thunder storm and monsoon rain. Funny that we had only that even watched the film Heaven Can Wait...all about building an ark. Now should that be my next project? Hmm?