Tuesday 17 July 2007

Trouble with knitting ..


The trouble WITH knitting is its a lot of time and effort to see IF its going to FIT you .. as compared to sewing, I mean. Although a cyber knitting pal DID point out is an awful lot easier to undo or "frog" and reknit. if one could be bothered .. that is ..
My very good sewing friend, Ann, has shared with me a very useful TIP! SHE knits up a "front" first rather than the "back" as its less stitches cast on to check for things like the fit, and has done a sleeve too for the same reason.
I thought this to be very excellent and sensible!!
Sadly she's had bad luck with HER knitting, also using Sirdar Just Bamboo; half way through her project she discovered that the yarn appears to be "faulty". Some of the balls are "thinner" and are not fully noticeable unless you (apparently) peer at it under microscope!
HERS has gone back to the shop! for refund in monies and the whole batch gone off to Sirdar for examination!
Which leaves ME wondering will I ever ACTUALLY finish a project? or am I doomed to be starting something I never actually finish!!
the OTHER trouble with knitting . is that one keeps getting sidetracked!
Today I received my "welcome gift" from joining the Rowan International Club! http://www.knitrowan.com/html/home.asp a rather nice pair of patterns and yarn in cotton which I shall knit (eventually) as a shawl. I shall look forward to receiving my magazine in August too!

No comments: