Thursday 19 July 2007

Getting to know you!

I'm thrilled to see that I have a few visitors reading my new blog! (and hopfully enjoying it!) Please do use the "comment" box if you'd like to leave any comments for me.
Perhaps if you too have a blog, or enjoy other blogs/sites you think I might, you would share those too?
I love polls!
Anyone who knows me KNOWS this!! do you? please do check out the polls at the end of the page, and vote - most are set to accept multiple choices too!
Recently I discussed with my long standing friend the interest "generally" in crafting, knitting and sewing in particular and we decided between us that it seems generally more "trendy" to knit than sew, and mostly those that DO sew, sew "practically" rather than "aspirationally".
Which I think is a shame! sew much fun to be had from enjoying a craft like sewing and I'd like more people to see beyond turning their families jeans up and mending clothes!
Spoke to to a lady who confessed her NEW sewing machine was STILL in its box after 5 years .. yes FIVE YEARS! now how someone could actually leave their super brand new machine IN a box this length of time is beyond me, and how they could AFFORD to do this is another! It does seem that some do!
Sewing and Knitting for me is more than just a leisure activitiy, it is a passion (perhaps even an obssession?) how about you?
Perhaps you'd like to comment on what your craft activitiy means to you?

UPDATE ON KNITTING:
Finally, the Sirdar Just Bamboo top is coming along nicely, the yarn takes some getting used to and requires a firm "grip" to maintain accurate tension but the drape of the knitting off the needles is rather nice and I like the effect of it, about 1/3 way up the back, plan to take it on holiday with me this weekend!
The socks are coming along nicely, I've nearly reached the toe shaping and starting to plan which I shall do next! I fancy trying a diferent pattern and can't decide yet which one!!

EMAIL WOES
sigh. my email is causing me bother. again. somehow I'm blocked. annoying, as I know I have incoming mail from Carol with some info and embroidery files for a project and, hopefully, two replies from Sirdar and Rowan regarding queries!

HOLIDAY MODE
Holiday starts this weekend! the cats are off to the cattery for a week, and we're off to Skegness for a week in a caravan! Clothes are almost ironed and packing is underway! Les announced that he's off to play tennis! tonight! as HE has "completed his chores". hmmm. WHY, is it, that men seem to think they need ONLY be responsible for THEIR clothes/packing? WHO I wonder made it sew, that WE are responsible for the family clothes/packing then?? Not to MENTION organising camera equipment, recharging plugs and sun cream!

MAGAZINES
Newest issue of Threads magazine arrived this week! hoping that latest ed. of Simply Knitting will arrive tomorrow too! that ought to sort my holiday reading! Selected 4 books from the local library too just in case the weather IS grim!!

2 comments:

Val said...

Have a good holiday and hopefully it won't rain every day!

SewIknit2 said...

It did rain a fair bit, but didn't spoil the holiday entirely! next year we will go abroad though!!