Friday 6 July 2007

A little bit about ME! and MINE!


I aim to keep this blog as an area to share my passion for craft, but a little snippet about me and mine:
We have two sons now aged rising 12 and 14yrs, both generally good lads, doing well at school and getting on well with each other. We are a small family and generally keep ourselves to ourselves, it would be nice to have a larger or extended family particularly at times like birthdays or Christmas, but it doesn't half keep the expenses down not having zillions of relations!
I have four cousins with one married with twin daughters, and two sil's each with two grownup children apiece but no more "children" and none in the immediate family!
This disappoints me, I'd like a wedding to diet for! and I'd like a niece to knit and sew in PINK with FRILLS, but I don't think this is going to happen anytime soon!
Two brothers, each with long term live in partners, one male and one female, though not especially local they both live within easy reach and of course we see each other less than perhaps we "ought"! Having said that, we get on well and can count on each other's support when needed.
(my need, technically wise, is rather great which is probably dreaded in the main BY the brothers!)
I grew up with pets which included ponies as well as dogs and cat and one time MICE! (no really, they WERE purchased and not caught under the sink in traps!!) but with a husband less keen on pets having not grown up with any, we have not in our family until now had any animals.
Last year, ironically for dh's birthday! we were given the terrific news we were approved by the Cats Protection for adoption by two semi ferral kittens, Bertie and Lilly!
We don't know what we'd do without them now! they are little characters and we love them very much!
the pic above show Lilly, the smaller of the cats.

2 comments:

Val said...

My neice is getting married next May and it is a WONDERFUL incentive for losing weight especially as my sister slimmed down from a TeleTubby to a stick insect!

SewIknit2 said...

I hate people like that. I went on a diet and made a big thing of losing 1st. my colleague DIDN'T and lost 4st. I hate her too.