Monday 16 July 2007

Clothes shopping with the family

NIGHTMARE shopping trip on Saturday. normally I work at the weekends but on this occasion I booked a day off especially to take my children CLOTHES and MOBILE PHONE shopping!
Any of you who has done this with a pre teen and an actual teen will know just what I went through. Won't bore you with the details suffice it to say I wasn't the ONLY mum stood outside the changing rooms gritting teeth and hissing in sing song voice to disguise the threat, that this had BETTER damn well fit and suit you!!!
Had a nice pub meal afterwards as we couldn't face the trauma of moody faces over vegetables and had chips AND chocolate cake instead - besides with days to go, its hardly going to make any difference to my pre holiday diet, now is it?
Usually I attempt to lose weight for "the holiday" but this year, I don't know, is it the weather? the fact that is not a fortnight in the sunshine abroad? that its only a week? or just the thought OF a whole week stuck in a caravan WITH a moody and surly pair of teens, anyway I've not bothered to diet, particularly, and now is far too late of course to regret it!
We frightened the branch manager in carphone warehouse with our mobile phone requests, this man clearly has NOT got teens in his household. after 20mins he suggested that we let HIM go for a break and a quiet sit down to recover! eventually we left with a pair of phones and a £20 discount on account of stress. (his. we're used to it by now. and are mostly able to rise above it through visualisations of whats to come: ie LARGE gin and tonics).
anyway, the lads are sorted with new phones, and I've inherited Andrew's old one which looks rather "posh" to me but mostly because its silver and has a flip top lid.
I would take a photo of it, but have been advised to keep it well hidden and if caught actually holding it to pretend I've just somehow found it and deny all connections to it. I'm NOT, apparently, under ANY circumstances to lead anyone to understand this USED to be my son's phone. he has disassociated himself completely from it. I don't know why. quite. I mean it DOES look quite posh!

No comments: