Monday 16 July 2007

Bags and lessons!





This week a very good sewing friend whom I nearly met! and should have met with! very recently but circumstances prevented it on this occasion, decided to run a lesson a basic bag making using a pattern of hers with a rather unusual base and an attractive lining finish.
Having made only a couple of rather ordinary bags, I decided to join in! Initially I felt slightly sick at the pattern drafting involved! but once underway, the bag came together SEW wonderfully that I was immediately inspired to make a couple more!
Carol promises to help me design my own version which I'd like a little larger and with a flap and once I'm back off my holiday I think I'll try and work this out!
I absolutely LOVE the method of construction and used a variety of my machine "feet" too.
Of course I had my "assistant" helping me!
its rather disconcerting to turn around and find your cat sat there with a mouthful of PINS! but he does SEW enjoy helping me!

No comments: