Saturday 28 July 2007

Back to knitting!

Took my knitting with me and managed to get a fair bit done to my sirdar just bamboo top. finished the back and started on the front. I'll upload a photo later on.
Slightly concerned, however, with the yarn!
My very good friend, Ann, had reported a discrepancy with her yarn a week or two earlier in which she'd noticed one part was "thinner" and had her money refunded and the partially knitted garment sent off to Sirdar for inspection!
On my 3rd ball, I too suddenly noticed a distinct "lustrousness" (think I just made that up, btw) in the yarn and sure enough! it felt "thicker" than previous knitting.
I have decided to carry on with my project as I just can't take another one back for a refund! but I will email Sirdar and speak with their knitting advisor, Sue, and report back on their reply!

My Rowan membership pack arrived just in time for me to take and read on the holiday! I'm due for their magazine/booklet in August, I shall look forward to that! Read my Simply Knitting magazine from cover to cover too! and enjoyed a couple of library books themed on knitting!

I plan this week to settle down to finish my sirdar top and the socks too!

No comments: