Monday 9 July 2007

Joined the CLUB! (Rowan)




Overcame my anxiety about buying things from a pc in my own home and joined the Rowan International Club! sounds rather grand! their prices have reduced for a membership which includes free pattern/yarn and access for MORE free patterns!
I very much enjoyed knitting this beaded bag using a Rowan Cotton and their beads and have my eye on a pattern using their soft bamboo too! but I MUST resist!
For the coming winter, I have the marvellous self stripe sideways knit cardigan to look forward to, the colours are SCRUMMY and I'm assured are guaranteed to come out beautifully striped as per the pattern!
The kit, along with the socks previously mentioned, come from LYS exhibiting at the NEC - Sewing for Pleasure earlier this year, a very nice shop indeed! http://www.webofwool.co.uk/
My friend and colleague who is a Consultant for Rowan, Sally, often attends their knitting group though I've yet to visit in person, I keep this bookmarked for reference and subscribe to their email notices.

No comments: