Friday 6 July 2007

On going and Future knitting projects


OTN but soon to be OFF and yarn back to store for refund! is my wrap lace patterned cardigan in Patons 100% cotton.
Originally unsure about this, I soon got into the 2row pattern, however hit a bad patch on the shaping for the "back" which unsettled me. Continuing on with the left front, and experiencing problems with the shaping here, soon made me feel like putting it down!
All knitters will know, that once a project is put down, its hard to pick back up! with any enthusiasm!
A good long hard talking to myself made me realise that a/ I'm not enjoying KNITTING this project and b/ I'm not thrilled I chose a BLAND colour (or non colour) and c/ I'm not convinced this style will SUIT me and therefore, concluded, I'm NOT particularly enjoying knitting it, I'm NOT particularly thrilled with the shade and I'm NOT convinced I'll actually wear it!
SEW.
I shall take the remaining yarn back for refund and pretend it never happened!
btw, the fabric under the photo's is the backing to my ongoing quilt project which you'll see the FRONT of to the right by my profile (hopefully).
(this too is a project that WOULD go back for refund if it COULD ..)

No comments: