Monday 16 July 2007

Summer Holiday Knitting Sirdar Just Bamboo!




How could I resist? a 25% sale included the yarn and pattern! and I need yarn and pattern (?) for my holiday! alright. I just NEED yarn and pattern! The Patons cotton went back for a refund and instead I selected Sirdar leaflet 8874 and Just Bamboo shade 0113 a beautiful soft blue!
An evening of tension followed as I attempted to get my tension swatch to match that recommended using sized 5.5mm plastic needles!
the plastic needles have been replaced with smart new bamboo pair! and I made a start last night after work having decided that, instead, I'll make up the next size UP and hope it fits!!
the yarn is SCRUMMY to knit up, wonderfully soft, its not like anything I've knitted with previously but the effect is lovely and not at all what you might expect.
This is a simple top and I hope to take it with me next week on our caravan holiday just in case the weather is poor!
the rather super little panel is one sent to me years ago from a cyber sewing pal and with my new interest in all things quilty, I practiced my free mot quilting and combined some decorative stitches and can't decide what best to do with it! I'm thinking of making it into a bag, perhaps? its too nice to not complete, but am not sure quite what to do with it!

No comments: