Friday 6 July 2007

To The Future!


IN the future, I shall a/ pay more attention to what I WANT to knit and b/ not rush into something without checking FIRST I can do the pattern and also I like the yarn and shade! oh! and c/ that it will suit me and that I will wear it!
the NEXT project, I will wear!
Waiting for the pattern, on order, but in anticipation! here's a sneaky peek at my YUMMY SCRUMMY Debbie Bliss Pure Silk in colourway 27008 purchased on a half price offer WHO could resist! not me!!
My new thinking is that I have not, sew far, lost my excess weight despite years of trying and therefore covering up in shades of black, navy and grey as well as being DULL is also rather frumpish! choosing, too, dull and frumpy styles both in sewing and knitting is also going to CHANGE!
Do you like the colour? I think its lovely and will complement my greying hair I hope!!
the yarn is 100% pure silk and a luxury purchase for me!. BUT I'M WORTH IT!
The Assistant?
oh. thats one of our cats! Bertie! New to the family last year we finally decided to give in and get our children "pets"
More on the pets next!
Must mop up the drool from the YUMMY SCRUMMY SILK! blissssss!
I might be carrying too many lbs, I might have greying hair, but I'm still worth the luxury of a little yarn or fabric that IS luxurious!
(I'll let you know how I feel after I've knitted it!!).

4 comments:

Val said...

Scrummy Debbie Bliss pure silk. Your cat obviously thinks so too! Nice to be able to enlarge picture to a good size to really see it!

SewIknit2 said...

Thank you Val, it is particularly attractive to the cats, Bertie in particular. The size might be because I don't actually know what I'm doing! yet! but thanks anyway!

makeitsew07 said...

oh my goodness.. Purple? Not grey, white or navy? VBG You are getting adventurous !! I can't wait to see how this looks on you, because I think it will be perfect with your coloring!! I'll bet it feels heavenly, too. What a bargain..
Cats do love to help with threads and yarns, don't they?

SewIknit2 said...

I know! I'm nearly getting both glamourous AND adventurous in my crafting! NEXT I'll be making a jacket thats not "grey"!!
Lilly loves to "assist" with my knitting, while Bertie prefers to "assist" with my sewing, there is NO escape I fear!