Friday 6 July 2007

Have you noticed how nothing lasts anymore?

Six months past its guarantee, the wash/mach broke down. New one is now whining at me in suspiciously highpitched whir during spin that I'm sure it didn't do last week.
All I need is my household appliances whining at me.
Wish the tv would break down (not).
We waited 11yrs for our old one to break down and finally, gratefully, it obliged! at last! we could rush out and buy a sleek widescreen with chunky legs and a dolby sound system! Just as we felt "fashionable" prices on plasma's and lcd's crashed! and now we're waiting for this one to go ..
Not just household appliances, food too, have you noticed it doesn't taste of anything and doesn't last long either!
Am I allowed to mention? I'm going to anyway. TESCO. I'm fed up with throwing out half a punnet of over ripe and mouldy peaches two days after I checked and they were yellow and hard as bullets too! In the bin half the cherry tomatoes and closely followed by several flaming grapes with mould on them!
Telephoned the supermarket to ask what they suggested I put on my plate for lunch as half my groceries were fit for the compost bin only! Customer Service assistant suggested a refund. next time I'm in. (I'm not sure I want to go back! as this isn't a one off). (I'm sure I didn't used to throw food out like this? have we stopped using preservatives and flavourings do you suppose?).

Dh would like us to use the local market shop. I would too. Only next time I'd like change from £30 for a few apples, pears and carrots! With a pair of growing teenage lads that eat fruit like it grows on trees, I can get through a general bag of apples in a day!

No comments: