Friday 6 July 2007

Socks!












After wanting to try sock knitting for some time I got the chance when attending a local sewing show where one of the exhibitors had a "sock kit" on offer!
I was hooked! the first pair, a tiger stripe, took me ages to work out HOW to use the tiny DPN's more like cocktail sticks than knitting pins! and all those tiny markers! and remembering where I was and when to increase and decrease!
Turning the heel was the turning point for me! that just DID IT! I was hooked! and after a successful attempt at the kitcheners graft toe to finish, I couldn't wait to start another pair!
My son announced them to be MARVELLOUS and requested a pair in blue stripe and as you can see, I'm already on my 3rd pair with another two balls of yarn just waiting!
I was lucky to find a local ebay seller just several minutes from home who is a passionate sock knitter - I spent a lot of money in a very short time!!

No comments: