Sunday 18 November 2007

A little crazy (patched stocking)


In anticipation of this weeks session on crazy patch quilting, I decided to try a few samples. (I'll put more photo's up next week) and as Val was posting and sharing her rather neat looking crazy stocking, I thought I'd post mine too!

I decided to completely machine mine, and though its not finished, it is rather nice with the fabrics and stitching! you can see I've cut out the rough shape and will decide what to DO with it later!
I had fun with using metallic threads and free motion stitching as I felt this would be better suited to this seasonal project.
The fabrics are either stash OR from the newly purchased Christmas FQ's I bought yesterday! SEW new, they still smell NEW!
Don't you just LOVE "new" fresh fabrics and yarns??

4 comments:

Val said...

Yes, I see what you mean! But will hold a lot more pressies! You've got some nice fabrics there too!

SewIknit2 said...

not quite premium quilters cotton, but for seasonal projects a BARGAIN at £4.99 a pack, they are nice though!

Jules said...

LOVE the stocking! Very cool!

SewIknit2 said...

Thanks Jules, it was just a bit of fun really!