Monday 19 November 2007

First attempt at paper piecing project

Came across some suitably seasonal free patterns for paper piecing and decided to have a go this afternoon.
I don't describe myself AS geographically, mathematically AND artistically challenged for nothing! had several stressful moments as I pondered which way up I was IN the directions, whether I was coming or going and very nearly lost the will to SEW!
Those of you kind enough NOT to point it out will have spotted I went slightly wrong on my print fabric on the tree AND with one of the blues .. sigh ..


Anyway I enjoyed SOME aspects of the project (FINISHING, mostly ..) and though I soon discarded plans to make 20 blocks and produce something large and eyecatching, I think once this one is finished it will make a nice .. something .. or other .. ?


I remember! the ONE nice thing about the project was my remembering the rather whizzo clover mini iron that a previously good cyber-sew-pal once sent me as a gift in a moment of over-enthusiastic generosity! Happily it worked just fine despite being sat in my craft cupboard for about 4yrs! and I can assure anyone that *hot* really IS HOT! (ouch!)

1 comment:

SewIknit2 said...

I MUST comment that the mini clover iron is VERY hot on its hottest setting! my son wondered HOW hot. he now knows HOW hot. and won't be finding out again! (he commented it interesting you don't feel the hot/pain at first .. HE was soon hopping off to dunk fingers in cold water!)