Tuesday 13 November 2007

if ANYONE comes near my NEEDLES AGAIN .. grr

Yesterday I came home to find my CHILDREN (grrrr!) sword-fighting with my one BEST and one NEXT-BEST knitting needles!!
I don't need to say any more really, suffice it say that I think I've managed to get across to them in NO uncertain terms that the NEXT occasion I catch anyone TOUCHING never mind sword-fighting with ANY of my knitting needles whether "best" or "granny's oldest" will DIE.

I was not, further more, amused when I found Lilly digging about my knitting bag coming out coughing MOHAIR either - and SHE certainly squeaked a bit before diving for safety! Worse! was BERTIE! he has got into this rather unwanted habit now of scratching - loudly and persistantly - at my closed sewing room door at around 4.45am and this morning he kept it up until finally he managed to open it! I was so tired I was not able to get the energy to get up and out of warm bed to screech hiss-ily at him and must have fallen back to sleep and this morning I discovered three of my cosmetic brushes on the floor and the pile of fabric for my latest sewing project looked as though it had been slept on too with rather a lot of white cat hairs attached in the shape of a sleeping cat!

Of course, they blame the weather. the cats I mean. they don't like the cold and rain. and being cooped up. so TODAY I pushed them both outside for some fresh air and activity and judging from their expressions when I let them back IN I think I'm somehow going to pay for this! ..

2 comments:

Jules said...

ACK!!! At least you rescued them in time before they were bent.;)lol

SewIknit2 said...

I don't go messing with their toys! pressing remotes and resetting saved games' scores! .. now thats an idea! ..