Wednesday 7 November 2007

Knitting! progress sock/lace

The light is fading and I'm losing the will to knit! Here is the latest knitting project, the Kiri shawl after chart 1 is complete!
The yarn is a nightmare to unpick - I can say this with absolute confidence on account of several unpickings to correct a few mistakes! However I now know what it is I'm supposed to be doing, and thus should be easy-peasy-lemon-squeezy from here on in .. ?
I decided to work from charted instructions this afternoon, and once I'd put my glasses on and settled down to concentrate, I found it really rather relaxing and MUCH easier than I'd previously imagined! (mind it is, comparatively, an easy pattern!)

Very much easier and more forgiving in any slight mistakes, is my 2nd sock using the broad spiral pattern! I knitted a fair bit this morning and the sock is well underway now and looking good! I'm looking forward to my next sock-project, but undecided at the moment quite what yarn and which pattern!
The fun, I think, OF knitting is the planning of projects and deciding what to actually make! For the future, I think I'd fancy a go at a felted bag project!
Some super scarves in recent knitting magazines too! one or two I've put aside to consider seriously!

My younger son will SEW kill me for sharing this! I found it in our case of "old photo's" (together with some very scary ones of ME which I won't be sharing either! lol!) and thought I'd upload it as a reminder of WHEN my little pre-school treasure actually WAS a little treasure!

The stroppy, sulky pre-teen he actually IS, is infact recovering nicely from his burnt hands and is back to normal stroppy, sulky pre-teen mode that we're fast becoming accustomed to (more a case of having to!) and I think this means he's ready to return to SCHOOL! yayyyyy!!

Teletubby jumper, btw, was knitted in about a week from a pattern in Woman's Weekly, if I remember rightly, and was worn constantly and much loved at the time!

When the children were younger, I knitted a fair bit for them, if I can find any more scary shots of baby/toddlers sporting hand knitted frights like mittens, tanktops and balaclavas I'll upload them too - just for fun!

2 comments:

Jules said...

Awwww that is adorable & so cute!! My boys would have loved it!

SewIknit2 said...

Teletubbies were very popular at this time, now, of course, he's just embarassed!
Currently I am watching "Shaun the sheep" - Rowan do a knitted version and a colleague mentioned the programme and now I too am hooked!