Monday 5 November 2007

Christmas panel, chocolate brown backing

ALMOST finished this project! Had I not been unwell over the weekend, I might have done so already!

Had a narrow escape when the person it is intended for came in unexpectedly as I was working on it! yikes! managed to whisk it off the machine and flung it aside in casual "oh THAT old thing!? no just a piece of rag! really! NO REALLY YOU DON'T WANT TO SEE IT CLOSER UP! GRRRR!!" lol!!

Tremendous fun free motion quilting around the shapes, and then switched to a toning gold/cream colour thread and did various "patterns" to fill in the squares! I've not got a clue what I'm doing! but I enjoyed the doing of it! and the results look pretty good to me, at least!! It was intended as a "fun" piece! Picture to follow, when the binding is done!

2 comments:

Fuzzy White Dogs said...

Really I think sometimes we have the MOST fun when we DON'T know what we're doing!! You are smart to already be doing your Christmas projects. I haven't even started mine yet. (eeek!)

SewIknit2 said...

You're right there! and occasionally you lose confidence when you THINK you don't know what you're supposed to be doing!
I'm not really doing much by way of "xmas sewing" I gave up doing gifts a few years ago, but this one is great fun and just HAD to be done!!