Saturday 17 November 2007

Jitterbug! is done & Christmas panel too


I'm dead impressed with this sock! I don't think, unfortunately, that my camera fully shows just how YUMMY-SCRUMMY the yarn AND the pattern truly is! (particularly after I err tampered with the settings!)
Sock one is finished and according to my kitchen scales, I've used just slightly under "half" and should, thus, have plenty for a sock two!
The yarn is Colinette Jitterbug, the patterns came from my more sensational knitted socks book.


This is the second of the Christmas themed printed panel that I've been quilting.
I'm really pleased with this too! it looks lovely and was delightful to sew!
I used a chocolate brown for the backing and the binding and I have plans to gift this to my brother's partner, Pete, and thought it a nice combination.
I machined inside the larger squared segments to hold all layers together, before free motion quilting around the various motifs in brown quilting RA threadand then changed to a gold colour and filled in free style the outer areas - all except (you might not be able to see) the very centre as I've not yet decided quite what to DO here!
Andrew is holding the panel up as the shot from above didn't seem to work!


This is a close up of the upper portion to show what I've done stitch wise.

2 comments:

makeitsew07 said...

I like both projects. You have been busy ! the sock looks quite comfy.. is the yarn really posh and silky? It looks it..
You're having fun with this and I am inspired by all the links you have in your blog, as well.

SewIknit2 said...

Thanks! I'm dead pleased with the quilted panel too, I had such fun with it and thats the lovely part of SEWING, generally!
The yarn/sock IS rather yummy and will be super to wear, I can tell!
Looking forward to your blog reflecting your marvellous projects too!