Sunday 11 November 2007

Colinette Jitterbug, Double Fleck, newest sock OTN

Well I wouldn't win any prizes for balling-yarn! And it doesn't exactly look as YUMMY SCRUMMY does it? as when I bought it, looking (which is why I DID buy it!) all YUMMY AND SCRUMMY in a skein! Never mind, it had to be done inbetween exciting action of yesterdays derby between Sunderland and Newcastle United ... zzzz and Les kept forgetting to concentrate! (thats my excuse anyway!) . ANYWAY its ready for knitting!



I chose another simple 4 round pattern from the same set as the last socks, Double Fleck, from my sock book which I'm getting terrific value from not to mention FUN! I've eyed up three or four further patterns for future projects too!
This one is another simple easy to remember pattern and I chose it because I am concentrating hard on my lace shawl and need to concentrate too on the bolero and the sideways jacket is becoming a little tiresome too and NEED something by way of comfort to knit!
The pattern suits the yarn too, and already its looking lovely, I'm not sure why its suddenly turned "purple" it must be the light! the yarn is more red actually! Never mind, you can still see the yumminess?


Sock one OTN's! I'm knitting on 2.5DPNs with about 60st's I think and as I've been forewarned this yarn knits up quickly, they will be a short pair!!
If you have knitted socks with Colinette Jitterbug, please do share your comments (and photos?).

Yarn used: Colinette Jitterbug, shade 109

2 comments:

Jules said...

Lookin' good!:)

SewIknit2 said...

thanks! I got on a bit further today, nearly at the turning heel!