Sunday 28 October 2007

Another grand day out!

For a half term day-out, we visited Worcester on Friday and had a lovely day which included a visit to the Commandery. The whole family enjoyed it and we spent considerable time walking through and listening to the audio commentary which kept the lads, at least, occupied!

I spent most of my time examining the *patterns* and *textures* of this historic building and managed to take some 102 shots with my "new camera" some of which I will share later through my flickr page.

Unfortunately dh wasn't very good with my new camera and failed to take the few shots of ME! I've had to explain how come 97 of the shots seemingly show closeups of tiled floors, carved fireplaces and other texturally interesting pieces! (usually such shots OF the floor and various wall/ceiling shots are the result of my aiming the camera and pressing the shutter by mistake! it took me several minutes to explain to the family that I had actually INTENDED taking 97 shots OF the floor, the walls and the ceiling .. bah ..)

Some rather hilarious shots of dh and no.1.son trying on the hats too! Ought to be enough for me to effect a ban on football being viewed on the main tv downstairs for at least PART of the season ..

I did keep an eye out for yarn/sewing shops and though we didn't do much in the way of shopping, we did pass a sewing shop and I had to stop by for a browse!
I noticed they stocked a few magazines, including Flair! the new UK computerised embroidery magazine and quite a lot of P+Q fabrics, kits and goodies too!
A nice shop and a selection of machines too!

We rounded the day off with a nice meal in a pub near Droitwich which dh had visited some years ago when he worked this way; passing through some old haunts of my own too! When I left school at 16yrs I went to a nearby Stable Yard as a working pupil and shared a flat in a converted barn with another girl from Malvern whose name I've temporarily forgotten! Hard to remember that I was not much older than my own son is now when I was doing this and living independantly!

Talking of independance, our younger son is beginning to stretch the boundaries in his quest for independance and I had to smile after he stomped out of the room in a right strop last night to blast music in a bid to *annoy* me. After 15mins he crept down to ask IF the loud music was annoying me? I didn't quite realise he WAS attempting to annoy me, and brightly advised him that his music was marvellous and one can never have TOO LOUD music ..
Mind.
I regretted that a bit at 1.30am this morning after our - well I hesitate to call them "neighbours" - as that would imply they live NEARBY! they actually reside half way down the next street! but boy do THEY like to party hard and play loud music!
There isn't a single member of their household, from what we can glean, under the age of about 60yrs, as I told the policewoman when I finally gave in during one mammoth session which was still going strong by 3am and I had work the same am!

Inconsiderate. thats what I call it! (of course it might be different if they played DECENT music, loudly! which was what I tried to tell Matt about his loud music .. it didn't have the desired effect and once he realised I was humming along to it, he switched it OFF and announced he was going to READ A BOOK THEN! ..)

teenagers .. weird species! if anyone has any tips to understanding them please do feel free to share them!

No comments: