Monday 22 October 2007

Sewing : jackets, skirts and trousers


My jacket is all fused and overlocked and ready to sew, my 2nd skirt is all sewn, zipped and awaiting a hem and lining/waistband. Not sure about the style of skirt for the pinstripe fabric, it was either that or a bias cut from a proven pattern and I really fancied trying a different style from this particular pattern. I'll list the Burda pattern details along with the jacket and pair of skirts once they are complete.

Trousers are next! I've been planning for a long time to have a go at making trousers, mostly I was put off following the experiences of my very good sew'n'knit'pal-Ann who had tremendous bother with getting a good fit - indeed I recall her attempts (via Gill Arnold) began IN class some 10years ago! However! I am resolved to not being as fussy over perfecting a fit - I shall be glad IF they FIT !!

Vogue sewing patterns are half price, currently, and I decided upon V7468 one of Claire Shaeffer's Custom Couture Collection.

No comments: