Tuesday 16 October 2007

New Camera!


I'm not yet fully convinced its a good idea to stand in someones drive and take shots of their interesting fallen leaves about their slabbed driveway HOWEVER at least with my new super duper slimline teeny-weeny CAMERA I can pretend to be adjusting shoe laces while squatting down taking shots of leaves against slabbed drives and RUN QUICK when the inevitable happens and the homeowner bangs on the WINDOW!

On Sunday we went round to my brother's house for a lesson on running away quick, I mean taking shots of people's drives, I mean of nature! and in exchange for a gifted camera, I embroidered a set of bath sheet, hand towel and guest towel with Pete's name!

Took loads of shots of falling leaves and trees in a local park and then did rather weird things in PhotoShop! I'm hoping to further impress the tutor on my course with my photo's which I hope ALSO will spark inspiration for my "final piece".

(we've not discussed "final piece" much. yet. gulp. )

Anyway, Pete seemed pleased with his towels! and I'm pleased with my smart new camera!

4 comments:

Val said...

So where ARE the pictures of leaves on grey slabs? A great disappointment is coming over me!

Jules said...

THOSE TOWELS ARE GORGEOUS!!!:) Nice work!!!

SewIknit2 said...

Val! trust me, if you want pics of dead leaves over slabs, you shall have them! (once I've worked out how to get them OFF the pc!)

SewIknit2 said...

thanks Jules, I was slightly disappointed that the "P" went a bit off, but rub the pile up and don't look too closely and one would never notice. (unless, of course, one was to MENTION IT! and now of course you are off to closely examine it!)