Tuesday 16 October 2007

Easy Lace Scarf: Sublime yarn


RUSHED out of college and headed straight for House of Fraser, dept store, where they had a 25 sale including haby/yarn for some SUBLIME angora merino to make a scarf based on a pattern given us by the tutor to practice lace knitting!
Discovered the sale is now 50%!
RESISTED the urge to buy MORE Sirdar Just Bamboo and stuck to my intention of scarf-yarn only!
(oh. I did pick up 4x skirt concealed zips and a plastic quilt-y thing that adds 1/4" to seams and a pack of 5.5mm bamboo knitting needles but like I said, 50% off at half price is like getting it for FREE .. almost?).

The yarn is one which I've wanted to knit with for ages but at nearly £5 a ball I've been waiting for an opportunity such as a sale and I might go back for a garments worth .. later!

Scarf, as you can see, is nearly through the first ball, the pattern calls for one ball of Rowan Kidsilk Spray and pair of 6mm needles, but I've bought two balls of the sublime and pair of 5.5mm's

  • cast on 38st loosely
  • row 1 (rs) knit
  • row 2 purl
  • row 3 k1 *(k2 tog) 3 times (yo, k1) 6times (k2 tog) 3 times*
    • repeat from * to * until 1st left, k1
  • row 4 knit
  • repeat until yarn runs out
  • cast off loosely
  • block to shape
easy-PEASY-lemon-squeezy?
it IS but I was too excited and rushed into the pattern before realising I had to do the k2tog times TWICE in the middle before the yok1 and it shows that rushing in thinking is EASY can trip you up!

2 comments:

Jules said...

Very pretty yarn! That scarf will be treasured by it's reciepient I'm sure!:)

SewIknit2 said...

its MINE! everything is MINE! lol!! although, at a 50% sale, I might well knit one for my sil-on-loan who has a b-day coming up next month!